Thursday, November 22, 2012

Spiced Cider and a Walk Down Memory Lane


Thanksgiving is by far one of my favorite holidays. It's wonderful to come home and visit with family and old friends. My mom seems to always dig up something from my childhood, and this year, it was a children's cookbook she gave me for my 6th birthday:


#nostalgia
I completely forgot about this! It was fun reading the message she wrote inside, as I do in fact consider myself a great helper in the kitchen...and a pretty good cook, too ;) It's interesting to see that this little book and spending time in the kitchen with mom may have been the mold for what I'm doing today. 

I thought it was only fitting to choose a recipe to make, so I chose this tasty apple cider. I know the title is a little Halloween inspired, but it's a great choice for the cool fall weather.


I've never had unfiltered apple juice - it's so much better than the regular stuff. Give it a try!
I didn't realize how blurry this picture was until it was uploaded! But I really like how the cinnamon sticks and orange slices look.

A mug of this cider will be perfect to sip on during the next couple hours we'll be spending cooking our Thanksgiving Feast! I should probably get moving!

Oh, and I couldn't leave out this indian and pilgram I made in 4th grade...Thanks Mom.